Upcoming Community Open House Meetings for the Torrance Line C (Green) Extension Project
The Torrance Line C (Green) Extension Project is hosting community open houses and a virtual meeting this month to provide an update on the project. The project is investigating potential light rail route options between the existing Redondo Beach station and the Torrance Transit Center under construction. The project would span 4.5 miles and provide two new stations. This extension will provide alternatives to congestion along the busy I-405 corridor and also more transit options in this area by connecting to existing subway A (blue) lines and future K (Crenshaw/ LAX).
The project aims to improve the customer experience and aims to:
- Improve mobility in the South Bay by introducing frequent and reliable public transit service to meet growing transportation needs.
- Improve the regional transit network by providing more direct connections from South Bay to regional destinations including LAX, the future Inglewood Clippers Arena and Hollywood Park Stadium, West Los Angeles and downtown Los Angeles.
- Provide more direct connections from South Bay to regional destinations.
- Provide an alternate mode of transportation for commuters currently using congested arteries and I-405 within the project study area
- Improve public transit accessibility for residents of the South Bay community.
- Reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions by making public transit a more viable transportation choice.
The project will help advance Metro’s implementation of the Equity Platform which addresses the growing need for better access to public transit for disadvantaged communities, students, transit enthusiasts, seniors , people with special needs, among others.
Metro invites you to visit our interactive online StoryMap to learn more about the project and explore the information at your own pace.
Community Open Days will give you the opportunity to:
> Learn more about the project
> Explore project visuals to provide feedback on proposed design options
> Ask your questions directly to the members of the project team
Redondo Town Beach
Thursday August 11, 6-8 p.m.
Adams College, Gymnasium
2600 Ripley Avenue
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
Monday August 15, 11am-1pm
To join visit: bit.ly/cletmtg
Phone: 877 853 5247 (toll-free)
Meeting ID: 884 3340 6820
City of Torrance
Tuesday August 16, 6-8 p.m.
Torrance Cultural Arts Center
Toyota meeting room
3330 Civic Center Drive
Torrance, CA 90503
Town of Lawndale
Wednesday August 17, 6:30–8:30 p.m.
Leuzinger high school, sports hall
4118 Rosecrans Avenue West
Lawndale, CA 90260
All Metro meetings are accessible to people with disabilities. A Spanish translation will be provided. Other ADA accommodations and translations are available by calling 213.418.3082 at least 72 hours in advance.
For more information or to share your comments, please visit the project website at metro.com/clineext, call 213.922.40042 or email [email protected]