Killing of young Palestinian prolongs Israel’s ‘extrajudicial killings’

The Palestinian Foreign Ministry has called for international protection for Palestinians following the latest fatal shooting of a young man by Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank, denouncing the regime’s policy of deliberate killing of the Palestinian people.

The official Palestinian Wafa news agency reported the death of the teenager, named Fayez Khaled Damdum, on Saturday. He quoted eyewitnesses as saying Israeli forces opened fire on the 18-year-old man as he rode a motorbike in the town of al-Eizariya in the south-central part of the occupied West Bank.

The shooting marked the latest instance of deadly violence in what has become the deadliest year since 2015 for Palestinians residing in the West Bank. Since the beginning of the year, at least 100 Palestinians have died as a result of deadly violence perpetrated by Israeli forces throughout the occupied territory.

The Palestinian Foreign Ministry called Damdum’s killing “a continuation of the systematic and widespread policies of the occupation represented by executions on the ground, [as well as] the voluntary and extrajudicial executions of our people in order to escalate the situation.”

He held the occupation regime fully and directly responsible for “this heinous crime and other crimes of the Israeli occupation”, stressing that he would work with all international organizations, including the United Nations, to can hold the occupation accountable for all its crimes. .

The ministry also urged UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to allow international protection for “our defenseless people” from the atrocities in Tel Aviv.

Hamas warns Israel of violations of al-Aqsa Mosque

In a separate development, the Palestinian resistance movement based in the Gaza Strip, Hamas, issued a strong statement aimed at Israel, warning the regime against continued violations of the al-Aqsa Mosque compound in the busy city of the old city of al-Quds.

The violations saw the apartheid regime repeatedly prevent Muslim prayers at the site. Regime forces also regularly provide protection from highly provocative visits to the compound by Israeli settlers.

Rawhi Mushtaha, a member of the Hamas leadership, served the warning in a speech to a huge rally of Palestinians in the besieged Gaza Strip that had been organized by the movement under the title “Al-Aqsa is in danger”.

“Preventing Muslim worshipers and Palestinian citizens from reaching the holy site and arresting them by Israeli police warns of grave danger,” the Hamas official said.

Such violations of the holy site could lead to “explosions” in the area, the Hamas official said, condemning the Israeli regime for its reported “excavations” in the compound and its plans to impose spatial and temporal divisions there.

Mushtaha noted that Palestinians in Gaza organized the Saturday march to draw the attention of Arab and Muslim leaders to the imminent danger facing al-Aqsa.

Comments are closed.