Chilliwack home fire victim sends serious warning over use of extension cords

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – A Chilliwack man whose house burned down tells his tragic story in an attempt to save lives.

Trevor Roger says the fire that ravaged his Butchart Street home on September 11 killed his friend Dale M. and his dog.

Roger describes Dale as an exceptional person.

Related Articles:

“He was taking the shirt off his back. Everything he had he gave, ”he said. “It was a rare breed of person, it would help you at the drop of a hat.”

Now Roger is hoping someone else doesn’t make the same mistake and uses an outside extension cord indoors.

“They can heat up. A lot of people don’t know they’re going to heat up if nothing is plugged into it, ”Roger said. “It was just stuck in the wall, but they can build up heat, so please use them outside and use your inside [extension cords] inside.”

The blaze was ruled accidental by fire investigators, the RCMP and the BC Coroners Service, and Roger says the blaze may have started under Dale’s bed, near a pile of laundry.

“I guess it got hot, and it started to smolder in the clothes, and it created fire.”

A GoFundMe is now launched to help Roger who lost his house and most of his belongings to the fire, including clothes for him and his partner, as well as funding to find safe housing.


Source link

Comments are closed.